See a list of updates
Preview Chapter 1
Pediatric Nursing Care: A Concept-Based Approach, Second Edition provides pre-licensed nursing students with the need-to-know information for working as pediatric nurses in various settings. The concept-based perspective, information on pathologies and diagnoses unique to children, and focus on family-centered care set it apart from other pediatric nursing textbooks.
The Second Edition was updated to offer the latest information on family education, current research, safety, and pharmacology. Chapters unique to this text include symptoms assessment and management for children, working and communicating in interdisciplinary teams, caring for children across healthcare settings, cultural care models, essential safety models, and pediatric-specific skills.
Features & Benefits:
- Features the essential components of pediatric nursing theory, as well as the corresponding skills, making it approachable and easy to understand.
- Includes Healthy People 2030 updates alongside content related to the updated AACN essentials.
- Supports success in the Next Generation NCLEX (NGN) through expanded case studies focused on clinical decision-making.
- New content on responding to and treating COVID-19 in children and adolescents is interwoven throughout the chapters.
- Numerous appendices enhance the text by providing specifics on pediatric calculations, nutrition, safe and effective handoffs, growth charts, the prevention of errors, and tips for maintaining professional boundaries, among other resources.
- Every new print copy includes Navigate Advantage Access to unlock an interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, and learning analytics reporting tools.
- Downloadable instructor resources include Case Studies with answers, Discussion Questions with answers, a Test Bank, and Lecture Slides in PowerPoint Format.